Monday, May 4, 2015

Odds & Ends

Lately I have been using up small amounts of yarn for scrappies. I made this little vest for the Women's Shelter. It is a size 2 with a grafted neckband. I ran out of the yellow so finished the armholes with some pink that I had. There wasn't enough of the pink for anything other than trim.  I grafted the trim onto the armhole to avoid lots of bulk. I know some knitters make the armhole & them attach it to the garment but that just Creates unnecessary bulk at the armhole & that is uncomfortable for the wearer. I decided to embroider a ladybug on the front although after I finished it I wished that I had used red or black rather than the blue.
 
 
I have lots of little bits of yarn that will make some smaller items for the shelter.
 
I am way behind in this years shelter donation because I have been in a funk & just haven't seemed to have the 'git go' to get anything finished. I don't know why I am so depressed or why I don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning. Usually I bounce out of bed everyday ready to go.
 
Last year was a tough year for me & I may be experiencing some of the depression that I went through last year. I still miss my pets very much but haven't replaced them. I have my 12 year old Australian Cattle Dog & don't want to upset her with another animal. She is still in mourning & waits by the door everyday for her friends to come home. I feel so bad for her, I just wish I could explain to her. 
 
I have a customer that wants a toaster cover & potholders in a 50's fabric. He found what he wanted & sent it to me. I am going to work on it today. 
 
 

    
 

No comments: