Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hand Tooled Wood Products for Machine Knitters

Tom has some beautiful Machine Knitting tables on his blog. (Knitting Machine Table Woodworks)Sometimes I am stunned by the wonderful product that our MK'ers come up with. They are gorgeous & practical too. There is a style for every knitter!! I have contacted the man that is making them to find out if he might be interested in making some tool boxes also.
 
 
 
 Several years ago I bought this toolbox from the father of a MKer. I wanted to get another one but was unable to for one reason or another. The only complaint that I have is that the CO combs that set in the slots in the back of the box are separated by dowels rather than a piece that goes all the way down to the bottom of the box, & as a result, the combs tip over & the teeth on the combs get tangled up together & bend. I have sent this picture to the builder of the tables & asked him if he would be interested in producing toolboxes for us, & he seemed to be. I am waiting to hear back. Isn't is wonderful to be apart of such a great community?? of Machine Knitters & their spouses??
 
 
 
 

No comments: