Thursday, June 9, 2011

No Orders..................Making Scrappies

I haven't had anything come in so am back to making Scrappies. I am getting down to the bottom of the bin  I have been working on. I am having just small amounts of yarn left on cones so this sweater is going to be what my g'son calls a 'RainBow" sweater. They always remind me of the story of 'Joseph  & his Coat of Many Colors' that I heard in Sunday School. I'm afraid it has been a long time since then, but we don't forget the things that we hear as children. 

 This sweater is a size 6 & made from the Red Heart Super Saver. I think I can get 2-3 more 'Rainbow' sweaters from the yarn left in the bin.  Then I will make some mittens & booties from the smaller amounts. 

When I make mittens for the shelter I don't worry about making matching pairs. I just make a bunch of mittens in all different sizes with a thumb on the side so that they can be worn on either hand. The kids can choose the ones they like without worrying that they don't match. 

My back is feeling better but still hurts some so am not doing any bending or lifting. I am able to sit & knit now, so am making progress. My Dr. says 'the older we get, the longer it takes for things like this to heal' so am still taking it easy. 

Blogger seems to have fixed the problems it was having. My 'navi' bar & followers are back. I am able to edit & post so am glad that is good to go. 


2 comments:

Tathy e Bya said...

Oi amiga, tudo bem??? amei as listras!!!
beijocas com muito frio!!!
Tathy

Sheryl Evans said...

Hi friend, how are you?? I loved the stripes!
smacks too cold!

Thx Tathy, I love to work on scrappies.